What is an "age-friendly" Brockville?
An Age Friendly Community is set up to help people of all ages live safely, enjoy good health and stay involved in the community.
There are 8 areas (identified below) that cities and communities can do to better to adapt their structures and services to the needs of seniors in their community.
Brockville is currently working on creating an Age-Friendly Community Profile, which is a snapshot of our community’s current age-friendly status. Part of this will including surveying how well older adults currently feel the social and physical environment promotes and/or constrains their quality of life in Brockville.
June is Senior's Month
For more information, visit Ontario.ca/AgingWell
For more information on aging well and accessing services, visit the Ministry of Seniors Affairs
Addressing both the social and physical aspects of the community environment is essential in order to respond well to the needs and preferences of older adults to promote their health and wellbeing.Create your own user feedback survey
- Walkability - frequent rest spaces, accessible washrooms and sidewalks/crosswalks/walkways are in safe condition
- Actual and Perceived Accessibility - adequate access to and manoeuvrability
- Number of Falls and Other Injuries
- Crime Prevention - availability of prevention strategies, courses and programs
- Housing Availability - affordable housing
- Housing Programs and Resources - programs for accesibility
- Ability to Age in Place - remaining in current residence
- Housing Support Awareness - subsidies
- Availability of Intergenerational Activities
- Sense of Belonging to the community
- Brockville 50+ Activity Centre
- Community Primary Health Care (CPHC) Services in Brockville
- Brockville Public Library: Seniors Links
- Volunteering in Brockville
- Brockville Seniors
- Government of Ontario: Aging Well
- Government of Ontario: Ministry of Seniors Affairs
- Government of Ontario: Ontario's Fair Hydro Plan
- A guide to programs and services for seniors
- Senior Homeowners' Property Tax Grant
- Government of Canada: What every older Canadian should know about income and benefits from government programs
- Government of Canada: Services for Seniors Guide
- Government of Canada: Senior Programs and initiatives
- Government of Canada: Benefits Finder
- Government of Canada: Housing options for seniors