Building & By-Law Services Division Staff
Building Notices & Bulletins
Building Permit Applications and Fees
By-Law Enforcement
By-Law Enforcement Complaint Forms
Animal Control
Property Standards
Annual Reports


By-Law Enforcement

By-Law Enforcement Officers

Our By-Law Enforcement Officers are responsible for animal control, property standards, and by-law enforcement.

Please note that vehicle and parking related infractions are handled separately. For Parking-related inquries, please contact our Customer Service Department by emailing, or ask for "Parking" when calling the City of Brockville at 613-342-8772.

By-Law Enforcement Complaint Forms

Complaints against by-law infractions must be submitted formally in writing and submitted to our Building & By-Law Services Division. Complaints may be submitted online using our by-law enforcement complaint form submission tool.

Property Standards

The Property Standards by-Law prescribes standards for the maintenance and occupancy of property within the City of Brockville. For more information, please visit our Property Standards page.

Information on Animal Control

Our By-Law Enforcement officers investigate formal complaints made against animals in the City of Brockville in accordance with our Animal Control By-Law 7-82

Please click here for more information on Animal Control and owning pets in the City of Brockville.

Related Contacts:

  • For Non-domestic animal issues (i.e. coyotes, fox, raccoons), please contact the Ministry of Natural Resources Information Centre: (800-667-1940); or call (613) 258-8204. Website:
  • Cruelty or Abandonment of Domestic Animals: please contact 1-833-9-ANIMAL (264625)
  • Surrendering of Domestic Animals to the Humane Society: please contact 613-345-5520.

If you require additional information or have any questions, please contact:

By-Law Enforcement Officer
1 King Street West
Brockville, ON
K6V 7A5
(613) 342-8772
Contact by Email