Posted: Monday September 11, 2023
Deadline: Monday September 25, 2023
Job Type: Part Time
Salary: $19.95 per hour
The Corporation of the City of Brockville invites applications from qualified and interested candidates for a part time Arena Facility Operator (certified) position in the Facilities and Arenas Division within the Operations Department.
This position provides support by completing routine tasks at the Brockville Youth Arena and the Brockville Memorial Centre during the yearly operation. Duties include but are not limited to performing ice maintenance activities, performing and logging inspections, janitorial and cleaning, rental hall set up and take down, customer service, and facility maintenance.
Essential (Minimum) Qualifications:
- Secondary School Diploma (Grade 12).
- Certified Ice Technician and completion of the Safe Ice Resurfacer Operation Program (SIRO) by Ontario Recreation Facilities Association
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience.
- Valid “G” class driver’s license.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Experience using hand tools.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to communicate and convey relevant information to appropriate staff.
- Effective customer service and communications skills.
- Responsible, honest, hardworking self motivator who is able to work independently or with minimal supervision.
- Strong housekeeping skills.
- Applicant must be capable of performing physical requirements of the position that involve pushing, pulling and lifting (e.g. lift objects of 25 kilograms).
- Available to work flexible hours including but not limited to weekday evenings, weekend day or evening shifts during the year.
- Additional shifts may be available on statutory holidays.
Hours of work could include a day shift starting as early as 6:00 am and a closing shift time as late as midnight subject to the Arena operations.
As a condition of employment, the successful applicant must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to the employer.
The personal information submitted is collected under the authority of The Municipal Act and is protected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only. The municipality is an equal opportunity employer following the rules and regulations set out by the Human Rights Code and the Integrated Accessibility Standard Regulation. For applicants with a disability, accommodations are available upon request in the recruitment process should you be selected to participate.
Interested and qualified candidates must submit a cover letter and resume on/before 4:00 p.m. on Monday September 25th, 2023.
The City of Brockville wishes to thank all applicants and advises that only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.