Posted: Monday February 05, 2024
Deadline: Tuesday February 20, 2024
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $23.82-$30.92 per hour
Applications are invited from qualified and interested candidates for the above noted Temporary Full Time (35 hour work week) C.U.P.E. Local 115 (Inside) position in our Finance and IT Services Department.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Finance, this position will be responsible for tracking, calculating, and processing accounts receivable and accounts payable activities for the City of Brockville.
Specific duties include but are not limited to financial processing of receivables, invoices, purchase orders, cheques and payments. Filing and maintenance of all accounts receivable and accounts payable files. Provide departmental accounts receivable trial balance aging reports and follow up and pursue delinquent accounts in accordance with the City’s policy.
Essential (Minimum) Qualifications:
- Two (2) year community college diploma in accounting or business discipline or a suitable combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Two (2) years’ experience in municipal finance or similar environment.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to work with very tight deadlines and competing priorities.
- Ability to analyze data and problem solve with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and reliability.
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy in the Microsoft Office suite and sophisticated Financial Management applications is required.
The personal information submitted is collected under the authority of The Municipal Act and is protected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only. The municipality is an equal opportunity employer following the rules and regulations set out by the Human Rights Code and the Integrated Accessibility Standard Regulation. For applicants with a disability, accommodations are available upon request in the recruitment process should you be selected to participate.
Interested and qualified candidates can submit their cover letter and resume marked “Financial Clerk: Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable” on or before Tuesday, February 20th, 2023, at 4:00 pm. Applications may be submitted online using the application form below.
The City of Brockville wishes to thank all applicants and advises that only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.