Posted: Thursday November 16, 2023
Deadline: Thursday November 30, 2023
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $78,096 to $93,275
35-hour work week, plus, a comprehensive benefit package and OMERS pension plan.
Reporting to the Manager of Cultural Services, the Tourism Development Coordinator works to bring new or expanded and innovative tourism products, experiences, and services to the market to attract outside visitation to the City of Brockville. This position will work closely with entrepreneurs, stakeholders, and investors to identify tourism opportunities and connect interested parties to resources including training, marketing, business planning, land development, grants and more. In addition, this position will lead event attraction initiatives and work with local event coordinators in Brockville and the region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and implementation of a Tourism Master Plan, Tourism Management/Sustainability Plan and Tourism Marketing Plan.
- Assist in the creation of the annual work plan and budget.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, including local and provincial government, tourism industry associations, community organizations, tourism businesses and other City Departments.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to gather insights, align interests and ensure program success.
- Lead a resident focused advocacy and awareness program including expanding the awareness of and participation in a visitor-facing employees and residents with the knowledge, tools, and resources they need to be ambassadors for the city.
- Development and implementation of a tourism program whose purpose is to assist the development of tourism entrepreneurs and their product/experience.
- Lead meetings with entrepreneurs and investors on tourism programming and experience development opportunities.
- Research and identify programs and grants that can be accessed by tourism businesses in our region.
- Lead event attraction initiatives and work with local event coordinators in Brockville and region.
- Ensure all market ready tourism experiences are identified on the website and included in marketing programs.
- Conduct, gather and utilize client, industry, market research and intelligence.
- Identify and attend travel tradeshows showcasing our city and region and highlighting market-ready tourism experiences.
- Stay up to date on industry and tourism-based trends.
- Liaise with the City’s Tourism Advisory Committee.
- Develop program goals, objectives and key performance indicators; prepare regular reports on investment, programming and development opportunities to support the evaluation and decision-making process.
Note: the above duties are representative of a typical position and are not to be construed as all-inclusive.
Essential (Minimum) Qualifications:
- Post secondary education in business management, economic development, or tourism is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in business development and/or investment, economic development, or a tourism organization.
- Strong understanding of destination development and entrepreneurship.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and presentation skills including demonstrated experience in writing business documentation.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings (when needed) to attend events.
- Ability to travel occasionally and hold a passport (or ability to obtain a passport).
- Previous experience working with entrepreneurs and investors along with tourism industry knowledge and experience.
- Strong organizational, planning and administrative acumen.
- Management of a financial budget.
- Effectively evaluate and communicate data driven insights and business recommendations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to positively influence business goals and strategies as set by City of Brockville and Tourism Brockville Corporation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under deadlines.
- Strategic thinker.
- Experience managing projects, contractors and staff.
- Ability to foster and maintain strong relationships.
- Able to deal with rapidly changing priorities and business circumstances.
- Valid Class G Driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
The personal information submitted is collected under the authority of The Municipal Act and is protected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only. The municipality is an equal opportunity employer following the rules and regulations set out by the Human Rights Code and the Integrated Accessibility Standard Regulation. For applicants with a disability, accommodations are available upon request in the recruitment process should you be selected to participate.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter marked “Tourism Development Coordinator” on/before 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 30th, 2023. Applications may be submitted online below.
The City of Brockville wishes to thank all applicants and advises that only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.