Posted: Thursday November 16, 2023
Deadline: Thursday November 30, 2023
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $78,096 to $93,275
35-hour work week, plus, a comprehensive benefit package and OMERS pension plan.
Reporting to the Manager of Cultural Services, the Tourism Marketing Coordinator is responsible for coordinating media and advertising campaigns, working with agencies and vendors as well as working closely with tourism business operators and community partners. This position requires a creative mindset, video production and editing skills, excellent written communication skills and a passion for tourism and destination marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and implementation of a Tourism Master Plan, Tourism Management/Sustainability Plan and Tourism Marketing Plan.
- Assist in the creation of the annual work plan and budget.
- Lead tourism marketing activities and projects on behalf of the City of Brockville.
- Collaborating with Cultural Services staff to execute marketing strategies and initiatives outlined in the marketing plan.
- Managing, enhancing and overseeing all Tourism Brockville consumer facing properties – brand, website, social media, collateral, content, etc.
- Create engaging content for social media platforms to attract and engage visitors, aligning with the overall marketing direction set by Cultural Services and the Brockville Tourism Corporation.
- Design, produce and edit videos that showcase the city’s attractions, events, and tourism products in line with brand guidelines.
- Write compelling and informative posts that highlight local businesses, events, and attractions, following brand messaging and tone of voice.
- Collaborate with tourism industry stakeholders and businesses to generate new content ideas and partnerships for social media campaigns, giveaways and storytelling, foster collaborations with other destinations as well as Destination Ontario and Destination Canada.
- Stay updated on industry trends, digital marketing strategies and emerging social media platforms to provide valuable insights and contribute to the overall marketing efforts.
- Liaise with the City’s Tourism Advisory Committee.
- Promote and attend local events, setting up tourism booths and tents, servicing visitors and creating content to capture the experience.
- Develop program goals, objectives, and key performance indicators (KPIs); prepare regular reports on social media performance, campaign effectiveness and visitor engagement metrics to support the evaluation and decision-making process.
Note: the above duties are representative of a typical position and are not to be construed as all-inclusive.
Essential (Minimum) Qualifications:
- Post secondary education in Marketing, Communications, Business or Tourism.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a marketing role.
- Proficient in video production and editing with experience creating compelling content for social media platforms.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to prepare engaging and persuasive social media posts and other marketing materials.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms, analytics and best practices for growing and engaging audiences.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings (when needed) to attend events and capture content.
- Proactive, creative thinker with a demonstrated ability to generate innovative ideas and collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- Familiarity with destination marketing organizations and the ability to foster collaborations with industry partners.
- Class G Driver’s License and regular access to a vehicle
- Proven experience in marketing, preferably within the tourism industry, with a track record of successfully activating brands and engaging target audiences.
- Experience managing social media accounts and engaging with followers, including responding to comments and messages in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Experience publishing paid social media advertising and executing email marketing campaigns.
- Strong budget and financial management skills and experience
- Experience managing projects, contractors and staff.
- Ability to foster and maintain strong relationships.
- Able to deal with rapidly changing priorities and business circumstances.
The personal information submitted is collected under the authority of The Municipal Act and is protected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only. The municipality is an equal opportunity employer following the rules and regulations set out by the Human Rights Code and the Integrated Accessibility Standard Regulation. For applicants with a disability, accommodations are available upon request in the recruitment process should you be selected to participate.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter marked “Tourism Marketing Coordinator” on/before 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 30th, 2023. Applications may be submitted online below.
The City of Brockville wishes to thank all applicants and advises that only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.