The primary role of the Clerk's Department is driven by provincial legislation, most notably the Municipal Act, the Municipal Elections Act and the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The Department provides administrative support to Council and its Committees and ensures that all of the actions taken by Council are recorded and communicated.
Brockville's Clerk's Department is a diverse department, which performs a variety of administrative, and statutory functions for the Corporation. The Clerk's Department reports to the Director of Corporate Services.
Some of the functions performed by the Clerk's department are:
- Requests under MFIPPA - here is a link to an application.
- Secretarial and support services to Council and Council Committee.
- Council agendas and minutes for the various committees and Council sessions.
- Requests under Section 239 of the Municipal Act for a Closed Meeting Investigation. Procedure and form is available here.
- Vital Statistics:
- Birth Registration of births that occurred prior to December 15, 2008. Births occurring after December 15, 2008 are registered directly with the Office of the Registrar General. Please contact 1-800-461-2156.
- Death Registration;
- Civil Wedding Ceremonies.
- Municipal Elections.
- Corporate records management.
- Insurance claims