Garbage & Recycling
Waste and Recycling collection will continue as normal.
Reminder to Residents for Waste Collection Best Practices Amongst COVID-19 Concerns. Please be conscious that Waste Collectors continue to work front-line jobs during this time. Here are some things to keep in mind to help safeguard staff and the community:
- If you’re sick, please properly contain items that meet your mouth, nose, and eyes so they do not become loose or in direct contact with collectors.
- Please ensure all tissues and personal care products are securely bagged and sealed within the garbage. No loose garbage in cans– if you put your waste out in a garbage can, please use a bag to contain the garbage and tie it closed before putting it to the curb for collection.
More information can be found here: https://brockville.com/solidwaste
Water and Wastewater Billing Procedures
The City of Brockville in an effort to support the citizens of the City will be changing water and wastewater billing procedures in the following ways:
- The billing cycle was initiated prior to the seriousness of this pandemic being known. The billing cycle process began more than two weeks ago in order for bills to be mailed on time.
- Currently the payment terms on a water bill is 21 days at which point a one time late penalty of 5% is applied. We have waived the late penalty and extended the payment terms to 60 days until further notice.
- For those of you able to pay your bill, payments are welcomed and will be processed. The revenue is helpful at this time but we understand the unique circumstances we all find ourselves in.
- Online payments can be still be made. There is also a drop box at the front door of City Hall but we ask that proper safe distancing procedures and isolation requests take precedence.
- Further relief opportunities and actions by council may be contemplated in future as the situation continues to evolve.
Water Treatment Plant
Access to the City’s Water Treatment Plant will be restricted to authorized personal only. Water Systems Division will respond to water related emergencies only (flood or broken water main). Any general water related concerns or issues, contact Craig Drake, Supervisor of Water Systems at 613-342-8772 ext. 5512.
Water Pollution Control
All Water Pollution Control Centre (WPCC) facilities are off limits to the public. Access is permitted to staff and approved contractors only. Notes have been posted on the entrance to the facilities and on entry doors to the buildings providing contact phone numbers and instructions of who to reach for appointments, deliveries etc.
Wastewater Systems Supervisor at 613-345-4958.