Information on Zoning By-laws
Zoning Compliance
Home Occupations


Home Occupations

Home Occupation means a business or professional activity conducted as a secondary use to the residential use within any dwelling unit which is the primary residence of the person or persons conducting the business or professional activity.

Home occupations, where permitted, must adhere to the City of Brockville's Zoning By-law 050-2014.

All home occupations must apply for a Certificate of Zoning Compliance

Click here for additional Home Occupation Information and Application Form

Please submit the completed application for Certificate of Zoning Compliance to the Planning Department for review. The issuance of a Certificate of Zoning Compliance by the City will advise that your proposed change in use complies with the provisions of the Zoning By-law. 

Contact the Planning Department: