Economic Development News
Notice to Organizations, Businesses, and Other Workplaces
Notice to Organizations, Businesses, and Other Workplaces in Leeds, Grenville and Lanark Counties
Reminder from the Leeds, Grenville & Lanark Distict Health Unit to follow infection control measures as outlined in Section 22 Class Order under the Health Protection and Promotion Act for Leeds, Grenville and Lanark.
The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark region has seen a significant increase in new COVID-19 infections in the past weeks. With the COVID-19 Variant of Concern (VOC) now in our area, it is imperative that we follow public health measures in order to slow the spread of the virus and protect our community.
Public health measures include screening staff for symptoms prior to coming to work, appropriate mask use, maintaining physical distance of at least 2 metres from others, frequent hand hygiene, use of protective eyewear in addition to mask use in workplace settings, and staying home if you are unwell or have symptoms associated with COVID-19. Additional considerations include staff cohorting into separate teams that do not interact, and where possible have employees work from home.
As outlined in the Medical Officer of Health - Section 22 Class Order for Leeds, Grenville and Lanark Counties, employees that:
- Are a confirmed case or probable case of COVID-19;
- Have new symptoms (even mild symptoms) or worsening symptoms of COVID-19, have been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting the results of their test;
- Otherwise have reasonable grounds to believe they have one or more symptoms of COVID-19;
- Are a close contact of a person identified in a) even if they do not themselves have any symptoms of COVID-19; or
- Are a parent of, or person with responsibilities of a parent for, a person under 16 years of age identified in 1), 2), or 3) who resides or is present in the counties of Leeds, Grenville and Lanark.
Are required to take the following actions:
- Isolate yourself without delay in accordance with instructions provided by the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit. This includes remaining in your home or isolation facility.
- Remain in self-isolation for the time directed by the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit.
Employees who have a household member with symptoms of COVID-19, and who is a high risk contact of someone with COVID-19 must stay home and isolate until the household member receives a negative COVID-19 test result.
For more information about preventing COVID-19 in your business/organization, visit COVID-19 and Business - Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit. The Health Unit will provide guidance in the management of COVID-19 in businesses or organizations should you have a case or an outbreak.