Economic Development News
Calling Local Restaurants: Opportunity to Participate - Picnic Box Initiative
Restaurants have been one of the hardest hit industries affected by the pandemic, and we want to help. Any interested Brockville restaurant can participate in our picnic box program that we will market to locals and nearby tourists as a safe way to support our restaurants and explore outdoors this summer.
What it is:
- Create a take-out lunch for 2 with a single price point of your choosing (must include everything you need for a full meal for two, ideally comprised of: 2 mains, 2 drinks, 2 sides and 2 desserts). If this doesn't fit with the offerings of your establishment, we can work together to put together a suitable package.
- Customers will call ahead directly to your restaurant to order their picnic box
- You package up the meal for 2 in one of our picnic kits (to be provided to you at no cost).
- The customer picks up their picnic kit and heads to a local park to enjoy their meal.
Benefits of Participating:
- Be part of our marketing campaign to promote the program (at no cost to your business)
- Receive your supply of picnic kits, which will each include:
- 1x sturdy take-out box
- 1x souvenir collectible gift from the City of Brockville
- 1x City road map
- list of all participating restaurants and their picnic options
How to Participate:
- This program is open to all Brockville restaurants
- Plan what you would include in your picnic box and what your price point will be.
- The program will launch to the public in July; the deadline to sign up is: June 3
- Interested in sponsoring this initiative? Contact the City of Brockville for sponsorship opportunities.
Click here to download the flyer for this program.
Contact us to get started:
Contact Lesley White or Kendra Lorimer at the City of Brockville to participate:
613-342-8772 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
This program has been developed in partnership with the Brockville & District Chamber of Commerce and Downtown Brockville (DBIA)