Frequently Asked Questions

When can a property be sold for non-payment of taxes?

A tax arrears certificate can be registered on a property on the first day in the third year following that in which the taxes become owing. For example, on January 1, 2018, a property may be registered if 2015 taxes are in arrears.

If you have any concerns or questions about your taxes, please contact:

Tax Office
Revenue Supervisor/Tax Collector
(613) 342-8772