Frequently Asked Questions

My shut off valve in my house is broken. Whose responsibility is it to repair?

It is the home owner's responsibility.  The home owner is responsible for the water service from the property line into the home and the plumbing inside the home.  The City is responsible for the watermain, the service to the property line, the curbstop (shut off) at the property line and the water meter/connections in the home.

For further information, please contact:

Dispatcher - GWMC
(613) 342-8772