Frequently Asked Questions

Who do I call about water problems/questions?

General Information

If your home or business is in an area affected by a broken watermain, you may experience low pressure or dirty water.  If a shutdown is required to repair your home/business will be notified of the shutdown giving the time and approximate duration of the shutdown.  Sometimes unforeseen problems/complications arise and the repair may take longer than anticipated.  Water service will be restored as soon as possible.  If you experience dirty or cloudy water after the water service has been restored, please flush your service through a cold water tap at full rate for 2-5 minutes.  If the problem persists, please contact:

Dispatcher - Gord Watts Municipal Centre
(613) 342-8772

For water calls including:

Water leaks
Water pressure
Water taste, odour, colour complaints
Water shut off
Water turn on
General inquiries
Information concerning water service design/upgrade
Elizabethtown-Kitley Township servicing inquiries

Please contact:

Dispatcher - Gord Watts Municipal Centre
(613) 342-8772

For information concerning water meters or water bills, please contact:

Information Systems Clerk
(613) 342-8772