Human Resources

Do I need to get a police records check to apply for a job?

All of the City jobs require a clean police record check and some jobs require a vulnerable sector check as a condition of employment.  You must get one before starting your job.  Human Resources will provide you with the proper form and if you are a summer student or applying for a part-time position you will not have to pay for obtaining this document.  However, Full time positions require the individual to pay for the police record check.  For privacy reasons, you have to initiate and pick up your completed check and bring it to Human Resources.

Back to Human Resources