Customer Service

When can a property be sold for non-payment of taxes?

A tax arrears certificate can be registered on a property on the first day in the second year following that in which the taxes become owing. For example, on January 1, 2022, a property may be registered if 2021 taxes are in arrears.

If you have any concerns or questions about your taxes, please contact:

Tax Office
Supervisor of Customer Service/Tax Collection 
(613) 342-8772

Back to Customer Service