2021 Budget
2022 Budget
2023 Budget



How do I apply for a reduction, refund, or cancellation in taxes?

Cancellation, Reduction, Refund of Taxes
(as authorized by Section 357 of the Municipal Act)

If you require a cancellation, reduction or refund of your taxes you can fill out an application which needs to be forwarded to the tax collector.  This usually occurs when there has been a change in the property or if the property has been substantially damaged in some way (ex. Destroyed by fire). 

You can get the form by selecting the following link:

Cancellation, Reduction, Refund of Taxes

For example--classification change, land becomes exempt, building demolished--land becomes vacant, building destroyed or damaged, repairs or renovations prevented the use of the land for a period of three months, etc.

The application must be filed by February 28 of the year following the year in respect of which the application is made.

If you have additional questions, please contact:

Revenue Supervisor
Phone: (613) 342-8772

Back to Finance