Latest News and Announcements
News & Public Notices
Enjoy the Outdoors Responsibly this Summer
With the summer season well underway, it is great to see so many people out enjoying the waterfront and city parks and trails. To keep these parks open for everyone to enjoy, it is important to continue to follow public health advice and provincial orders to keep people safe.
Under provincial orders, gathering in groups greater than 10 is still prohibited, which includes events and gatherings of any kind where maintaining a 2 metre distance from other people will not be possible. Please continue to follow health and safety guidelines and practice social distancing measures as you enjoy the outdoors this summer.
City parks and facilities that are open include:
- Splash Pad (daily from 11:00 am - 7:30 pm)
- Skateboard and BMX Parks
- Basketball, Tennis and Pickleball Courts
- Athletic Fields (not available for games or scrimmages)
- Public Washrooms in City Parks (now open daily from 11:00 am – 7:30 pm)
- Shore Diving – please follow all posted guidelines
- Green spaces in parks and trails remain open; visitors must continue to practice social/physical distancing
The public is reminded that the beach at St. Lawrence Park will not be staffed with a lifeguard for the foreseeable future.
Play structures, picnic areas, campground, and the railway tunnel remain closed until further notice.