Latest News and Announcements
News & Public Notices
City Hall and GWMC Services by Appointment
The City of Brockville’s
Response to COVID-19
City of Brockville Council and staff continue to comply with the guidelines provided by our governments and the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit.
City staff have been planning the next stages of making City services more accessible to the public. Following the recommendations of the Ontario Public Health officials, we are starting with what is called “timed entry”, meaning people can make arrangements with city staff to schedule an in person meeting rather than just over the phone or virtual meetings which is what has been happening since March 17, 2020.
Beginning Monday July 27th, people will be able to make appointments with specific department staff. We encourage anyone wishing to do so, to call or email to set up a meeting time. Individual(s) will be required to wear a face covering and will be met at the front door and will be screened before entering the building. This is for City Hall and Gord Watts Municipal Centre only.
Please consult the City’s website for staff contact information at https://brockville.com/departments or call 613-342-8772.
The City of Brockville continues to review the situation on a day to day basis while we take all necessary precautions towards the spread of COVID-19.
Your patience and compliance are still required as we continue to work together to mitigate any potential community spread of the COVID-19 virus.
The City would also like to remind and encourage everyone to follow the recommendations of our public health agency.
- Practice social distancing of at least 2 metres
- Refrain from going out if not feeling well
- Don’t shake hands with another person
- Frequently clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces
- Properly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Engage in proper cough or sneeze etiquette, including but not limited to covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze and disposing of used tissues immediately
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- When you do need to go out in public, wear a cloth face covering/mask
The Province recommends you get tested if you feel you are experiencing any symptoms of feel you have been exposed. The testing is free and available for walk-ins.
A reminder of the Provincial restriction that gatherings of no more than ten people in your consistent circle remain in place.
Visit our Website for more information https://brockville.com/covid19
or Follow us on Twitter for notifications: https://twitter.com/BrockvilleON
Government of Canada
Ontario Ministry of Health
Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit
World Health Organization