November 9, 2020 9:00 am
3 Meals Over 3 Days
In an effort to lend support to local businesses, Brockville City Council are issuing a challenge to the residents of Brockville to support our local restaurants at this time. All businesses and organizations have been impacted by COVID-19 but not all sectors perhaps as hard as our food industry.
The food industry is a major Brockville employer and the health of this business sector is reflective of the health of our overall economy and our residents. As such, Brockville City Council is challenging our residents to eat three meals over three days from a local restaurant between Tuesday November 24th and Thursday November 26th. Whether it be take-out, delivery, or dining in; breakfast, lunch, or dinner: choose your favourite places, select your favourite menu options, and enjoy some great food knowing you are supporting our friends and neighbours in the restaurant industry.
“We can collectively make a difference by working together to support our community and an industry that, in regular times, has been there to help us celebrate milestones such as birthdays, anniversaries, and graduations. Although we appreciate that not everyone is in a position to take up this challenge, it is our hope that together we can make a big impact in a short period of time and help our restaurants in this time of need.”
– Mayor Baker, City of Brockville
The City reminds residents that everyone has a role in reducing the spread of COVID-19 and protecting our community. The City would also like to remind and encourage everyone to follow the recommendations of our public health agency:
- Practice social distancing of at least 2 metres
- Wear a cloth face covering/mask in all public spaces
- Refrain from going out if not feeling well
- Don’t shake hands with another person
- Frequently clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces
- Properly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Engage in proper cough or sneeze etiquette, including but not limited to, covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze and disposing of used tissues immediately
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
The Province recommends you get tested if you feel you are experiencing any symptoms or think that you may have been exposed. The testing is free and available by appointment.
Visit our Website for more information https://brockville.com/covid19
or Follow us on Twitter for notifications: https://twitter.com/BrockvilleON