The City of Brockville is proud to be a World Designated Safe Community situated in the world famous 1000 Islands Tourism Region. Our city waterfront area offers many parks and walking paths for the enjoyment of residents and visitors to Brockville. People from all over the world have come to the city and remarked how beautiful and fortunate we are to have such a wonderful city and waterfront area.
In a community of approximately 22,000 people, we are a city with a hometown atmosphere. The city offers lots of amenities found in larger suburban places without the chaos of traffic and waiting in lineups. The city works hard to maintain the heritage atmosphere found in the downtown area while keeping up on growth and competition throughout the other parts of the city.
- Brockville is almost midway between Toronto and Montreal and less than one hour from the Nation’s Capital, Ottawa and on the banks of the St. Lawrence River Island Seaway system
- Two international bridges border the community with access to the U.S. markets via New York State
- One days trucking to a market of 150 million (+) persons
- Situated on both the CN/CP rail lines
- Deep sea water port 12 miles east of Brockville
- Ottawa International Airport approximately 50 minutes from the business park, Ogdensburg, NY international airport is 25 minutes away and two other international airports within 2 hours in Montreal and Syracuse N.Y.
- Local Airport offering commercial jet capacity.
Brockville remains a comparatively small but dynamic industrial centre. The City supports a diverse range of manufacturing industries, producing such goods as power tools, chemical products, micro-electronic equipment, cables and wires, pharmaceutical products and product packaging materials, to name a few.
The City maintains two large industrial parks, which have attracted a wide variety of new industries in recent years. The many new developments represent Brockville's prosperity and indicates the city's continual growth as a vital urban and regional centre.
Download our annual Economic Indicators Report for additional key information on demographics, vacancy rates, employment statistics and more.
Thinking about moving to Brockville? Check out our Residential Relocation section for more information to help with your move.
We would be most pleased to offer you our business or relocation package. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
City of Brockville
Economic Development Office
1 King St. W.
Brockville, ON Canada