Essential Services for the City of Brockville:
The following City Services will be open to the public. Individual(s) will be required to wear a face covering and follow posted guidelines.
City Council meetings continue virtually. Committee Meetings on hold for the moment. Council meeting agendas and minutes are available on our meeting website: brockville.civicweb.net/portal/
- City Transit continues as scheduled with COVID safety precautions in place. (More below)
- Waste and recycling collection continues as scheduled.
- Compost Site at Gord Watts Municipal Centre is open with COVID safety precautions in place.
- Outdoor Recreational Amenities: is open with COVID safety precautions in place.
- City Hall and Gord Watts Municipal Centre
- Those wishing to meet with a member of staff may pre-book their appointments in order to facilitate their visit. Staff from the respective department will be able to meet the individual at the door and take them to a dedicated meeting space. Please consult the City’s website for staff contact information at https://brockville.com/departments
- Individual(s) will be required to wear a face covering according to the Health Unit’s Instruction. Visitors should complete a COVID-19 self-assessment before entering. The Ontario Government provides an online self-assessment tool at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment. No one exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 or who has been outside of the country in the past 14 days will be permitted to enter.
- Upon entering City owned facilites you must sign in and should you meet with any City staff, you will be screened.
- Brockville Police Service remains open 24/7 with access to the facility being controlled. Persons requiring a criminal record check are encouraged to call first for an appointment (613-342-0127).
- Brockville Public Library: is open with COVID safety precautions in place.
- Brockville Museum: Exhibition galleries open Tuesday-Saturday 10am-4pm. Proof of vaccination required for entry. Programming continues to be offered virtually (www.brockvillemuseum.com/publicprograms).
- The Brockville Arts Centre: as of Thursday August 12th, open for movie screenings with COVID safety precautions in place. https://www.facebook.com/thebrockvilleartscentre
- Brockville Cemetery: Staff can be reached by phone or email. Please contact the Brockville Cemetery at (613) 342-3858.
Those wishing to meet with a member of staff may will require an appointment and screening. Appropriate face coverings must be worn inside all City facilities. Please consult the City’s website for staff contact information at https://brockville.com/departments
The following facilities remain closed to the public:
- Water Treatment and Wastewater facilities
- Fire stations will be closed to all public access and for station tours
- Brockville Memorial Centre: Currently operating as the COVID-19 Assessment Centre and Vaccination Clinic
- Youth Arena
The City understands how important the transit services are for our community and have taken new precautions to continue.
Conventional Transit is unable to use the wheelchair lift at this time, and is encouraging all riders requiring use of the wheelchair lift to use Para Transit service. Please contact 613-342-7272 for more information about use of Para Transit.
In addition, the following precautions remain in place:
- A hand sanitizer station available to riders has been installed on every bus
- 40-Ride Passes are to be returned into the fare box by the rider when presented.
- The Transit Driver will issue the rider 40 paper tickets. This removes the need for physical interaction between rider and driver.
- As a safety precaution, additional cleaning of busses will also take place
- The mask mandate in place in the Lanark, Leeds & Grenville is enforced at all times when on Brockville Transit
Other transit related information can be found here: https://brockville.com/transit
The City of Brockville continues to closely monitor all of our continuing services to ensure both the safety of our ratepayers as well as our staff.
The Provincial and Federal governments are doing everything they can to preserve our civil liberties. However both levels of government have made it clear that if the behavior of their citizens does not match the need to flatten the curve, they will take further measures.
Do your part to make sure this service is continued safely and only use the transit service when absolutely required. You are asked to stay home – stay in – and be safe. All non-essential outings into our community further the risk of the spread of the virus. If you do need to go out into the community go alone or with one other person if you need assistance.
Please click here to access relevant staff in our City Departments: https://brockville.com/departments