Posted: Monday September 18, 2023
- The season is from September 23, 2023 – January 7, 2024;
- Anyone found to have damaged City-owned property will be charged as per City Procedure 1754, Items 2 and 3;
- Hunters are not allowed on the Islands to post or construct blinds or other constructed shelters prior to the 15th of September;
- Blinds or other constructed shelters must be removed on or before December 20th.
Hunting may be allowed on City-owned islands that are located outside the City limits and 300 yards off the main-land under the following conditions:
- That all hunters register through the Operations Department (link below);
- Hunters will not be allowed on the islands for the purpose of posting or construction of blinds prior to the 15th of September of each year;
- Blinds or other constructed shelters must be taken down and removed prior to December 20th of each year;
- Persons found damaging City property will lose the privilege of hunting on designated City islands.
It will be the responsibility of the Department to publicize prior to the duck season, the islands so designated for hunting, as well as notification to the residents of Brockville that registration must be completed prior to hunting designated islands.
Designated Hunting Islands:
- McCoy Island (southwest corner)
- Cockburn Island
- Sparrow Island
- Battersby Island
- Derottenburg Island
- Twin Sisters Island
- Sheaffe Island
- Sheaffe Shoal
- Snake Island
Periodically, the islands will be inspected to assure that hunters have appropriate registrations. In the case of an inspection where a hunter has not registered, a registration form must be filled out immediately.
The Applicant shall defend, indemnify and save harmless the Corporation of the City of Brockville, their elected officials, officers, employees and others who the City is responsible from and against any and all claims, actions, losses, expenses, fines, costs (including legal costs), interest or damages of every nature and kind whatsoever, including but not limited to bodily injury or to damage to or destruction of tangible property including loss of revenue arising out of or allegedly attributable to the negligence acts, errors, omissions, whether willful or otherwise by Applicant or others who the Applicant is legally responsible.
This 2023-2024 Islands Duck Hunting Registration Form must be completed and confirmed by City staff to be valid.
Should you require further assistance, please contact email@example.com.