Latest News and Announcements
News & Public Notices
COVID/Omicron - Move to Modified Step Two of the Roadmap
The City of Brockville has implemented a series of measures as a result of the Provincial announcement made on Monday, January 3rd, moving the province to a Modified Step Two of the “Roadmap to Reopen”, which include the closure of several City facilities until Jan. 26, 2022, with the possibility of extension.
- Memorial Centre and Youth Arena – closed until further notice (minimum January 26th)
- Rotary Ice pad – closed as of January 5th
- Brockville Arts Centre – closed
- Brockville Museum – closed until further notice (minimum January 26th)
- Brockville Public Library – curbside pick up and limited public completer access
- City facilities closed to the public – reopen January 31st.
- No in person meetings
- Appointments for services that cannot be provided electronically
- Waste and recycling collection will continue as scheduled (please refer to holiday schedules for changes due to Statutory Holidays).
- Winter controls and sidewalk maintenance are unaffected.
- Transit is unaffected.
Please continue to follow all current public health guidance, including:
- Refrain from going out into the public if you feel unwell, even if you have mild symptoms.
- Wear a mask when indoors as well as outdoors where a 2m distance cannot be maintained.
- Regularly screen yourself using the Provincial COVID-19 screening checklist at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/
These proactive steps are being taken to ensure the health and safety of our community and our workforce and the continued and reliable delivery of essential and critical services to the community. We will communicate updates here as they happen. See also: https://brockville.com/COVID19