Business Support and Education
Brockville offers a variety of business support services and educational resources through various organizations in the city. These include:
Leeds and Grenville Small Business Centre
The small business centre helps with the process of opening and running a small business. They can give you the tools to help you develop a business plan, register your business, and resources for financial assistance.
The Centre also offers support and assistance to existing businesses including the development of marketing plans, updating business plans, and sourcing information to assist with their ongoing business operations or expansion plans.
For more information on any of the programs offered, or for information on starting your own business, contact the Leeds and Grenville Small Business Centre.
32 Wall Street, 3rd Floor, Suite 300
613-342-0041 x 4471
1000 Islands Community Development Corporation
The 1000 Islands Community Development Corporation serves the needs of businesses, individuals, and community groups throughout the area. They are dedicated to helping small and medium sized businesses by providing:
- Business Loans
- Access to Capital
- Advice and Counselling
- Referrals to Specialists
- Business Consulting
- Liaison with Conventional Lenders
- Assistance with Business Plans
- Information on Government Programs
3 Market Street West, Suite 3
Brockville, Ontario, K6V 7L2
Employment and Education Centre
The Employment and Education Centre provides a full range of educational, employment, volunteer opportunities and financial counseling services on a not for profit basis. These community services are designed to give people an opportunity to gain training and experience they need to become employable as well as the information and advice they need to become financially stable.
Employers can access their job matching services, list current postings on their job board, access space for interviews, and tap into available training grants and supports.
105 Strowger Blvd
Brockville, Ontario, K6V 5V2
613-498-2111 | toll free: 1-800-926-0777
St. Lawrence College
Continuing education, special interest courses, and contract training form an integral part of the program mix at St. Lawrence College. They are open and flexible to the community’s training needs, particularly as they evolve out of new and expending industries and businesses. Customized training programs can be developed to fulfill the specialized needs of any community partner.
2288 Parkedale Avenue
Brockville, Ontario, K6V 5X3
St. Lawrence College runs a job services board to help match local employers to students graduating from their programs. The job board is free to use and is open for any employer to list available positions.
Career Services of Brockville
Career Services is a non-profit vocational agency designed to assist individuals with disabilities, find and maintain employment. A variety of services are offered to adults through various government funded programs:
- career planning and preparation (interest, aptitude and skills testing, functional assessments, resumes, job search supports)
- unpaid training opportunities with on the job training supports
- unpaid competitive employment supports: on the job training, workstation adaptations, access to subsidies, support and follow up
- employment services through the Ontario Disability Support Program
- funding for assistive devices, adaptive technologies, training programs and wage subsidies for non-EI eligible people with disabilities through the HRDC Opportunities Fund.
For more information contact their office:
89 Hubbell Street
Downtown Brockville Business Improvement Association
The Downtown Brockville staff are governed by a board of 9 business representatives and funded by our downtown business community. They work on events to bring people downtown, promotion of local businesses, listen to the needs of the community, beautification of the downtown core, advocating, and provide one on one business support.
3 Market Street West
Brockville and District Chamber of Commerce
Through proactive leadership in advocacy and networking, the Brockville and District Chamber of Commerce supports and grows businesses to build a strong economic community.
3 Market Street West, Suite 1
Brockville Young Professionals Network
The Brockville Young Professionals Network works to engage with local 19 to 39 year old professionals who want to explore their career and community opportunities in Brockville.
They aim to foster connectivity, development and growth for their members through networking events, opportunities for professional development, and advocating for what matters most to their membership. They regularly hold fun, social gatherings including trivia nights, out of town trips to hockey and baseball games, and hosts the annual Amazing Chase Brockville photo scavenger hunt.
The following recommended resources will connect you to additional information to help you set up your business in Brockville. From statistical insights to government regulations, these links will help you access up to date information quickly.
In addition, we have provided quick access to regional economic development organizations that you may also find helpful.
Government Resources, Ministries, and Data
- Statistics Canada
- Export Development Canada
- Government of Canada
- Ontario Exports
- Government of Ontario: Business and Economy
- Ontario Investment and Trade Centre
- Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food, and Rural Affairs
- Ontario Economic Update
- Service Ontario – Business Services
- Eastern Workforce Innovation Board
Economic Development Organizations
- St. Lawrence Corridor Economic Development Commission: They are focused on the attraction of new industrial and commercial employers to the region, increasing the quality and quantity of job opportunities for its residents, and with assisting existing businesses to expand.
- Ontario East Economic Development: The Ontario East Economic Development Commission promotes Eastern Ontario as a centre for investment and business growth.
- Economic Developers Association of Canada
- Economic Developers Council of Ontario
Economic & Development Services
Director of Economic and Development Services
613-342-8772 Ext: 4445
Manager of Business Engagement & Partnerships
613-342-8772 Ext: 4439
Economic Development Coordinator
613-342-8772 Ext: 4440