Building, Business, and Development
- Building and Construction
- Building and Planning Information
- Business Directory
- Business News
- Commercial Property Listings
- Economic Development
- Engineering and Infrastructure
- Planning Department
- Retail Business Holidays
Engineering and Infrastructure
The Engineering and Infrastructure Department oversees and administers the continual delivery of the City’s Water, Sewer, and Solid Waste (garbage, recycling, composting) services to ensure a high and safe standard. The main objective of the Department is to protect the health, safety, and environment for residents living in the City of Brockville.
There are 5 divisions in the Engineering and Infrastructure Department that manage specific aspects to ensure sufficient service delivery:
- Water Systems (water supply and treatment)
- Wastewater Systems (wastewater and sewer systems)
- Solid Waste (garbage, recycling, compost)
- Geographic Information System
The Engineering Division is responsible for the management of the City’s municipal infrastructure, environmental features, and structures. Responsibilities include: the establishment of design and construction standards and policies; the development, maintenance, assessment, and needs of infrastructure inventory; development of capital budgets and programs.
The Engineering Division manages the design and construction of approved capital projects, technical review of development applications, approval of design, construction inspection, and acceptance of infrastructure works.
Engineering advice and support is provided as required to all other departments, general public, and developers to assist in the delivery of programs, services and projects.
The Engineering Division has a full-time staff of four consisting of a supervisor and three engineering technologists.
The Engineering Division assists with:
- Lot Grading and Drainage Standards
- Drainage Issues
- Infrastructure Inquiries for Developers and Engineering Companies
- Water Distribution and Capacity
- Municipal Consent