Building, Business, and Development
- Building and Construction
- Building and Planning Information
- Business Directory
- Business News
- Commercial Property Listings
- Economic Development
- Engineering and Infrastructure
- Planning Department
- Retail Business Holidays
Retail Business Holidays
Pursuant to: Retail Business Holiday Act, R.S.O., 1990 and City of Brockville Bylaw 124-1992 as amended.
Please refer to Section 3 of the Retail Business Holidays Act regarding exemptions for particular retail business establishments.
- New Year’s Day: Closed
- Family Day: No restrictions
- Good Friday: Closed
- Easter Sunday: Closed
- Victoria Day: No restrictions
- Canada Day: No restrictions
- Labour Day: No restrictions
- Thanksgiving Day: Closed
- Christmas Day: Closed
There are no restrictions on Easter Monday, August Civic Holiday, or Boxing Day.
The Retail Business Holidays Act provides for fines of up to $50,000 or the total amount of gross sales for the holiday, whichever is greater.
Enforcement of the Retail Business Holiday Act in Brockville is the responsibility of the Brockville Police Department.