Building Permit Application with Cloudpermit
The City of Brockville now uses a cloud based e-permitting software called Cloudpermit to process all Building Permit Applications. This system digitizes the building permit process and will eventually help us go completely paperless. The software streamlines the application process and makes it easier for the applicant to track the status of their permit, request an inspection, and more.
With Cloudpermit, you can:
- Apply for all types of building permits online, including demolition permits
- Pay for a building permit using a credit card online (now available)
- Check the status of an application (change of application status or additional information requests will be automatically be emailed to the applicant)
- Schedule or cancel inspections
- Check inspection results
- Submit and request changes to an existing permit
“How to” Videos and Support Materials
Please watch the following videos before starting your permit application.
- Cloudpermit: How to Submit a Building Permit Application (video)
- How to Send a Message on Cloudpermit (video)
- How to Request Inspections (video)
Register for your Cloudpermit Account
To begin your building permit application, you will need to create a free Cloudpermit account. Cloudpermit currently supports Firefox, Google, and Safari browsers. Once registered, you can apply for permits and track their progress.
Having trouble? Send us a message through Cloudpermit (there’s a button in the upper right corner) and we can see where you are having trouble with your application.
Supplemental Forms and Checklists to accompany your building permit application
Additional forms and checklists that may be required to supplement your building permit application can be found under “Documents” below.
Need additional assistance? Our building department is happy to answer your questions in person or by phone.