Building and Construction
Building Permit Application with Cloudpermit
The City of Brockville now uses a cloud based e-permitting software called Cloudpermit to process all Building Permit Applications. This system digitizes the building permit process and will eventually help us go completely paperless. The software streamlines the application process and makes it easier for the applicant to track the status of their permit, request an inspection, and more.
Visit our Building and Construction page and our Building and Planning Information section for tips and details for popular projects that will help you prepare your application.
With Cloudpermit, you can:
- Apply for all types of building permits online, including demolition permits
- Pay for a building permit using a credit card online (now available)
- Check the status of an application (change of application status or additional information requests will be automatically be emailed to the applicant)
- Schedule or cancel inspections
- Check inspection results
- Submit and request changes to an existing permit
Register your Cloudpermit Account
To begin your building permit application, you will need to create a free Cloudpermit account. Cloudpermit currently supports Firefox, Google, and Safari browsers. Once registered, you can apply for permits and track their progress.
“How to” Videos and Support Materials
Learn how to log in to Cloudpermit as a registered user, or check Cloudpermit Support for a quick tutorial on the basics. These instructional videos may also help you navigate the system:
- Cloudpermit: How to Submit a Building Permit Application (video)
- How to Send a Message on Cloudpermit (video)
- How to Request Inspections (video)
Need additional assistance? Our building department is happy to answer your questions in person or by phone.
Supplemental Forms and Checklists to accompany your building permit application
Additional forms and checklists that may be required to supplement your building permit application can be found under “Documents” below.
Ontario Building Code Residential Mechanical Ventilation Design Summary
Economic & Development Services
Chief Building Official
613-342-8772 Ext: 4447
613-342-8772 Ext: 4463
Administrative Coordinator, Planning/Building
613-342-8772 Ext: 4463