- Animals and Pets
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Careers & Human Resources
- Cultural Services
- Customer Service
- Department List / Contact Staff
- Emergency Services
- Garbage, Recycling, Composting
- Living Here
- Roads, Sidewalks, Traffic
- Water & Sewer Services
Careers & Human Resources
City of Brockville employees are dedicated and enjoy serving their community. There are a number of different types of careers to choose from: firefighting, police, public works, planning, engineering, finance and so much more.
Human Resources Department
The Human Resources Department is responsible to recruit and support a team of professional, skilled, and accountable staff so they are equipped to provide quality services to the residents of the City of Brockville.
The department is responsible for all labour relations activities, health and safety administration, recruitment and succession planning, benefit and pension administration and policy development. In addition, the department is responsible for the bi-weekly payroll processing for all City of Brockville employees.
The City of Brockville has three bargaining agents and five separate collective agreements. The City’s employment is a combination of full-time, part-time, seasonal, and students, and therefore ranges from 275 to 350 employees throughout the year. In addition to supporting the City of Brockville employees, the Human Resources team provides support and assistance to related City and Municipal Boards such as the Brockville Police Service, the Brockville Public Library, the Downtown Business Improvement Area and the Aquatarium.
The City of Brockville’s organizational chart is available upon request. Please see the contact information below.
What We Offer
Located on the St. Lawrence River, Brockville is a vibrant community, making it a great place to live, work and play! If you’re a team-oriented and possess outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, the City of Brockville can be a great place of employment for you!
Some benefits of working for the City of Brockville include:
- Comprehensive benefit package: we offer an attractive comprehensive extended health and dental benefits package and participate in the OMERS pension plan.
- Employee Assistance Program: We provide a confidential program through which full time employees can seek support and practical solutions to a variety of personal and work-related issues.
- Training and Development: Employees participate in on-the-job training and regular opportunities for training such as health and safety and career specific courses and seminars.
- Savings: The City offers the ability to voluntarily contribute to OMERS through “Additional Voluntary Contributions” this is a great mechanism to save and will assist employees with retirement planning.
- Involvement: Employees are encouraged to contribute to local charities and participate in events as well. Throughout the year there are staff barbecues, lunches and activities organized and enjoyed by employees.
Please note applications are accepted for posted employment opportunities only; unsolicited applications are not retained.
Water Systems Operator (2 Positions)
Posted: Wednesday February 21, 2024
Deadline: Wednesday March 06, 2024
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $26.52 per hour
The Corporation of the City of Brockville invites applications from qualified and interested candidates for a temporary C.U.P.E. 115 (Outside) position in the Water Systems Division of the Engineering and Infrastructure Department. This temporary full time position is for a 40 hour work week on a 6 month contract. Under the direction of the Supervisor […]
Posted: Friday January 26, 2024
Deadline: Friday March 01, 2024
Job Type: Seasonal
The City of Brockville anticipates having a number of summer student positions available. These positions outlined below are available for post secondary students. General Labour: Duties may include manual labour, security type work, painting, cutting & trimming grass, and janitorial duties. Shift work is required for some positions. Departments may include Parks, Cemetery, Water Treatment […]
Posted: Thursday October 12, 2023
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $67,922 to $81,099
Based on 35-hour work week. Plus, a comprehensive benefit package and OMERS pension plan. Reporting to the Supervisor of Planning Services, the Planner is responsible for performing a full range of professional land use planning functions, including the preparation of reports on planning policy and development proposals and the management of planning/development applications. Duties and […]