Things To Do
- Active Transportation
- Arenas & Facilities
- Boating and Harbour
- Brockville Arts Centre
- Brockville Library
- Brockville Museum
- Parks and Trails
- Public Art
- Railway Tunnel
- River of Lights
Arenas & Facilities
The Arenas and Facilities Division is responsible for the management and programming of the City’s two arena facilities including the Brockville Memorial Civic Centre and the Centennial Youth Arena. They also oversee bookings of the Memorial Park athletic fields (baseball and soccer). The division is also responsible for the maintenance of city owned buildings.
Brockville Memorial Civic Centre
The Brockville Memorial Civic Centre, constructed in 1981 consists of a 52,000 ft2 building comprising an arena with a seating capacity of 1,800 and a 350 seat community hall complete with its own independent kitchen facilities.
The Brockville Memorial Centre is located on Magedoma Boulevard within the Memorial Park recreation complex. The arena serves as headquarters for the Brockville Braves Junior A Hockey Club and the Brockville Tikis Junior B Hockey Club. The ice surface is in operation from September until April of each year.
During the summer months the ice pad is used by community groups for such activities as trade fairs, multicultural fairs, dog shows, and more. The community hall, consisting of stage, kitchen and bar facilities can accommodate banquets and receptions as well as other recreational programming.
Brockville Memorial Centre, Magedoma Drive, 613-342-8775
During the months of January, February and March until the ice is removed, adult skating at the Memorial Centre takes place on Mondays and Wednesdays from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm for $2.50 per person.
Public skating is also available, weather permitting, at our three outdoor rinks. Click here for more information about outdoor winter recreation.
Centennial Youth Arena
The Centennial Youth Arena is located on Broadway Avenue in the City’s east end. Major users of the arena include the Brockville Minor Hockey Association and Brockville Figure Skating Club. Public skating and private rentals to schools, adult groups and individual youth groups are also available.
Centennial Youth Arena, Broadway Avenue, 613-342-2515
Booking Ice Time, Indoor Facilities, and Athletic Fields
Booking Ice Time
The ice may be booked by the hour at both the Memorial Centre and Youth Arena.
Ice Rental Fees
Skating, all arenas
Public Skating, Adult and Parent/Tot: $2.50
Memorial Centre Hourly Ice Rental Rates
- Youth Prime time rate: $188.25
- Adult Prime time rate: $248.25
- Non-Prime time rate: $141.00
Youth Arena Hourly Ice Rental Rates
- Youth Prime time rate: $173.75
- Adult Prime time rate: $237.25
- Non Prime time rate: $141.00
- Unsold prime time rate: $141.00
All Ice rates effective August 1st: $177.50
All applicable taxes extra.
Ice Time Classification
Prime time Ice, for all arenas, is classified as:
- Monday to Friday from 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm
- Saturday and Sunday from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm
Non-Prime Time Ice, for all arenas, is classified as:
- Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Every day from 11:30 pm to 7:00 am
Renting a Hall
The community hall in the Brockville Memorial Centre is complete with optional stage and commercial kitchen rental, making it suitable for receptions, trade shows, meetings and presentations. During the summer months when the ice is not in the rink, the arena may also be booked for trade shows, exhibitions, or other activities. Rooms can also be rented at the Brockville Youth Arena. See below for more information about amenities and rental rates. For special events, please contact arena’s staff.
Hall Rental and Arena Slab Rental Fees
Rates are per day (10 hours). Hourly rentals will be pro-rated, and costs for additional setup or tear down requests will apply.
Memorial Centre Hall Daily Rental Rates
- Room Rental (without set up): $138.50
- Room Rental (chairs only): $200.50
- Room Rental (chairs and tables): $451.25
- Room Rental (chairs, tables, and kitchen) $798.25
- Arena Concrete Slab (indoor sports and activities): $88.00 per hour
- WiFi Voucher $3.00
Centennial Youth Arena Daily Room Rental Rates
For special events and hall rental at the Centennial Youth Arena, please contact arena’s staff directly.
Memorial Centre Hall Amenities
Approved by the Fire Marshall, the Memorial Centre Hall holds 380 people. The dimensions are 50 feet by 90 feet.
Memorial Centre Hall rental amenities and features:
- Set up and clean up provided by City of Brockville staff
- Folding cloth padded chairs
- Round tables or rectangular tables, both seating eight people
- Riser for head table
- Microphone and podium
- Sound system
- Projector and screen
- Free Wifi
- Free parking
- The building is on the City bus line with a bus stop by the main entrance
- Wheelchair accessible
- Separate washrooms with additional off of the lobby
- Coat area
Items that are not provided:
- Linens, napkins, table runners, table skirting, chair covers
- Dishes, cutlery, glassware, kitchen utensils
- Pens, paper, pencils, electrical power bars
- Water, ice
- computer nor laptop
- Flip chart
- Mini lights
- Pipe and Draping Curtains: $2.50 per foot.
- Available colours are blue, gold, and black
- Portable Staging: $115.00, up to 8 sections
- 4 foot by 8 foot sections, plus skirting and one set of stairs.
- Full Set up of entire stage (20 foot by 40 foot): $360.00.
- Damage Deposit: 50% of the rental fee, which is refunded after the function is over and the facilities are left in good condition
- Society of Composers, Authors, and Music Publishers of Canada Tariff: $85.00 per day.
- This is a performing rights organization which pays royalties to musicians when live or recorded music is played at a function
- Individuals and Private Users: Third Party Insurance Program
- current rates will be provided upon application acceptance, a sales summary clearly indicating the charge will be provided. Upon payment, a Memorandum of Insurance will be provided to the renter as proof of insurance.
Fees are subject to HST. A floor plan, viewing or photos can be shared upon request.
Book an Athletic Field
Baseball, softball, and soccer fields can be booked online through the City’s Arena and Facilities department.
Field Rental Rates
Ball Fields, adult use
- Softball field (without lights): $23.00
- Softball field lighting fee: $13.00
- Tournaments per day, per field: $117.00
- Hard ball fields: $16.50
Located adjacent to Laurier Boulevard, these fields are solely run by the Brockville Soccer Club. For further information on availability, please email the Brockville Soccer Club directly.
Additional City Facilities Available for Booking
In addition to the indoor facilities and outdoor athletic fields at the arenas, there are other city facilities that can be booked through other departments. These include:
City Parks and Pavilions
A number of City parks can be booked for festival and events, and outdoor pavilions in St. Lawrence Park may be reserved for smaller scale events such as family reunions.
Please contact our Parks and Events Coordinator for more information, and complete an outdoor Facility Use Application.
Brockville Railway Tunnel
The Brockville Railway Tunnel is Canada’s oldest railway tunnel and was restored and reopened to the public in 2017. A light and sound show illuminates the interior of the tunnel, making it Brockville’s most popular tourist destination since its reopening. The tunnel may be booked for special events such as wedding ceremonies or other events.
Please contact our Parks and Events Coordinator for more information.
Brockville Arts Centre
The Brockville Arts Centre is a beautiful medium sized theatre with seating in the audience for 700 people. The lobby gallery features works by local artists, and a fully stocked bar is available. Production services offer professional service to presenters ensuring a successful event.
Please contact the Brockville Arts Centre for more information.
The Brockville Museum has indoor meeting space which may be made available for various functions. Prices vary depending on duration and time of use.
Please contact the Brockville Museum for more information.
Brockville Public Library
The library is a fully accessibility facility which has small and medium sized meeting spaces available for booking. Tables and chairs can be configured to your liking, and a projector can be booked for presentations.
Please contact the Brockville Public Library for more information.
Advertising opportunities are available in the arenas, as well as on city transit. The following paid advertising options are available:
- Digital Street Advertising: This is a lit interactive sign on the corner of Parkdale Avenue and Millwood Avenue with high visibility and large traffic volume.
- Ice Resurfacer
- In Ice Logo
- Wall Display Panels
- Board Advertising.
- Bus, Bus Shelter, and Bus Bench Advertising
Please contact the Arenas Administrative Coordinator for details about advertising opportunities.
Arenas Administrative Coordinator
613-342-8772 Ext: 3238
Arenas & Facilities Supervisor
613-342-8772 Ext: 3222