- Animals and Pets
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Careers & Human Resources
- Cultural Services
- Customer Service
- Department List / Contact Staff
- Emergency Services
- Garbage, Recycling, Composting
- Living Here
- Roads, Sidewalks, Traffic
- Water & Sewer Services
Animals and Pets
Information for Pet Owners
Information for pet owners can be found in our Brockville Brochure for Pet Owners
Please note that the word “Senior” is defined as age 60 or above, as it relates to User Fees for the City of Brockville.
Dog Tags and Where To Buy Them
Dog tags can be purchased at City Hall, Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm, or online anytime at brockville.docupet.com.
Dog Tag Fees
The following represents a list of fees associated with purchasing a dog tag.
Dog Tag Fees, Not Spayed or Neutered:
- Per dog: $55.75
- Per dog, senior rate: $40.75
- Per dog, microchipped: $27.75
- Per dog, microchipped, senior rate: $20.25
Dog Tag Fees, Spayed or Neutered:
- Per dog: $32.75
- Per dog, senior rate: $24.75
- Per dog, microchipped: $16.25
- Per dog, microchipped, senior rate: $12.25
Dog Tag Fees, Other:
- Voluntary cat licence: $17.00
- Replacement dog tag: $6.00
- Service dog licence: $0.00
All animals that have been picked up by the City of Brockville’s Animal Control Division are taken to the City Pound (not the OSPCA).
Lost pets can be registered with DocuPet’s lost pet services. This allows you to report your pet as lost in your online account, sending a notification to the local pound and with pet owners on the “Lost Pet Brigade”.
Anyone who finds your pet can use the ID code on the dog tag to look up the information that you have made accessible to the public. Learn more about DocuPet lost pet services at brockville.docupet.com/lost-pet-services.
If you have lost, found or seen a wandering animal, please call Brockville City Hall at 613-342-8772 and ask for animal control.
All complaints against dogs, cats, or other domestic animals in the City of Brockville are investigated by a Bylaw Enforcement Officer according to our Animal Control Bylaw - 007-1982. Please note that our Bylaw Enforcement Officers investigate domestic animal complaints only. For wildlife concerns, please see “related contacts” below.
Complaints must be formally submitted in writing. Complaints may be submitted using our online complaint form, or can be filled out at City Hall.
- Non-Domestic Animal Issues (i.e. Coyotes, Fox, Raccoons): Please contact the Ministry of Natural Resources Information Centre: 1-800-667-1940
- Cruelty or Abandonment of Domestic Animals: 1-833-9-ANIMAL (1-833-926-4625)
- Surrendering of Domestic Animals to the Humane Society: 613-345-5520
By-Law Enforcement Officer
613-342-8772 Ext: 4473