- Animals and Pets
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Careers & Human Resources
- Cultural Services
- Customer Service
- Department List / Contact Staff
- Emergency Services
- Garbage, Recycling, Composting
- Living Here
- Roads, Sidewalks, Traffic
- Water & Sewer Services
Roads, Sidewalks, Traffic
Winter Maintenance Control
As per the City of Brockville’s policy for winter control operations, those roadways and sidewalks located within the City will be serviced according to their class or priority designation.
The City is responsible for the construction of roads, sidewalks and bridges, airport, traffic lights, street lighting and crossing guards. The Public Works department is responsible for the general maintenance of the City’s infrastructure of roads and stormwater collection system. The division is based at the Gord Watts Municipal Centre, at 251 North Augusta Road.
All inquiries to this division should be directed to 613-342-8772 during regular working hours (7:00 am to 3:30 pm from Monday to Friday) and to the City’s emergency after hours call number 613-498-1361 during other times.
The following are some specific activities carried out by Public Works and Parks:
- Catch basin cleaning and repairs: each spring thaw, the City appreciates your help in keeping catch basins clear of snow and ice. If blocked, the runoff they collect can instead flood streets. Zoom in on the City Explore map to find catch basins near you.
- Creek maintenance and cleaning operations
- Excavation Permits and Locates: before any construction or digging can commence, an Excavation Permit must be granted by the City of Brockville, and locates must be marked.
- To apply for a locate, visit Ontario One Call, select “Request a Locate,” and follow the instructions outlined on the Ontario One Call website.
- To apply for an excavation permit, fill out the Excavation Permit Application. Once the form is filled in, download it for your records, and email your completed excavation permit application.
- Gravel shoulder maintenance
- Load restrictions: please see the map application for city streets that are under load restrictions within the City of Brockville. Load restrictions apply annually between February 15th and May 15th. Please obey the signs and load restrictions when we move from winter to spring conditions.
- Painting of roadway markers
- Pothole and localized asphalt roadway repairs. Click here to report a pothole.
- Roadside litter clearing
- Sectional sidewalk and curbing repair
- Sod repair: every year the City of Brockville will go around the entire city to do sod restoration on boulevards that were damaged due to winter operations. This operation begins in April and ends at the end of May which consists of removing the sod and adding fresh soil and grass seed.
- If you have sod damage as a result of City of Brockville winter operations and it hasn’t been repaired by June 1st please contact 613-498-1362 during regular working hours of 7:30 am to 3:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
- The City does not repair any sod damage caused by general winter weather or lack of maintenance by a property owner. Homeowners are responsible for removing any water sprinklers or lawn fixtures prior to the start of winter.
- Street name and regulatory sign installation and replacement
- Street sweeping and flushing operations: street sweeping protects Brockville’s water quality and the environment by keeping sand, salt, and debris out of Brockville’s ponds, rivers, and streams. It also keeps storm drains clear so rain and melted snow have somewhere to go.
- Street sweeping starts every spring between April and May, weather permitting. Arterial roads are swept first, followed by collector roads, and then residential streets. Please keep your vehicle off the streets during this time to allow the sweepers to make their rounds in the city.
- To report debris or a spill on your street (gravel, manure, garbage, etc.) please fill out this simple road debris reporting form.
- Stormwater piping and structures repairs
- Winter maintenance activities on roadways and sidewalks: under the City’s policy for winter control operations, roads and sidewalks in the city are serviced according to their class designation. Click here for more information about winter maintenance control and significant weather events.
Transit and Transportation
For more information about the City’s Transit Service, including conventional and para transit service, visit our Transit page.
Roads and Road Closures
Road closure alerts and information are posted to Municipal 511.
Director of Operations
613-342-8772 Ext: 3205
Supervisor of Public Works
613-342-8772 Ext: 3254
Foreman - Fleet Maintenance
613-342-8772 Ext: 3261
Foreman - Public Works
613-342-8772 Ext: 3272
Supervisor of Transportation Services
613-342-8772 Ext: 3225
Foreman - Public Works
613-342-8772 Ext: 3273
Community Project & Asset Coordinator
613-342-8772 Ext: 3267
Administrative Coordinator – Public Works & Fleet
613-342-8772 Ext: 3263