The City of Brockville believes that the enthusiasm, dedication, and contributions of our volunteers help to make Brockville a strong, inclusive, and vibrant community.
We appreciate the talents and time that our volunteers donate to the activities and events in our city.
We are proud to promote and support volunteerism and welcome you to become a volunteer with the City of Brockville.
Why volunteer with the City of Brockville?
As a volunteer with the City of Brockville, you have the opportunity to:
- get to know and be involved in the community
- gain professional skills and experience
- develop social and professional connections
- complete Ontario Secondary School Diploma volunteering requirements
- serve as a member on one of the City’s advisory committees or governance boards such as heritage, library, and cemetery.
Volunteer application process
You may volunteer with the City of Brockville if you are:
- 16 years of age with the exception of some positions at the Brockville Library
- 18 years of age or older and provide a valid Criminal Record Check that is dated within the past year (see below)
If you wish to apply to become a volunteer with the City of Brockville, you must:
- complete a Volunteer Application Form
- contact the organization that you are interested in volunteering with
- submit the completed application to the organization you are interested in volunteering with
Prior to volunteering, you will need to:
- meet with the contact person for the venue at which you wish to volunteer
- provide the contact person with a valid Criminal Record Check (as stated above) obtained by contacting:
Volunteer opportunities with the City of Brockville
Brockville Arts Centre volunteer opportunities
The success of the Brockville Arts Centre is due in large part to our dedicated volunteers who donate thousands of hours in volunteer time each year ensuring the safety and enjoyment of our patrons.
Our volunteers are friendly and helpful and always prepared to answer the questions of patrons, some of whom are visitors to our city.
Our volunteers assist Arts Centre staff with a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- greeting theatre patrons
- taking patrons’ tickets
- ushering patrons to their seats
- distributing programs
- checking patrons’ coats
- serving patrons beverages and snacks (Smart Serve certification is required for this role)
Volunteer schedules are arranged in consideration of the event’s task requirements as well as volunteer availability.
Brockville Museum volunteer opportunities
The Brockville Museum appreciates the support of our local community. If you are interested in being the public face of the museum or helping out behind the scenes, we might have just the volunteer opportunity that you are looking for. Please consider joining us by completing the Volunteer Application form under Documents below or visit the Museum volunteer page.
High school or retiree (or somewhere in between), we can work with your schedule. You choose the number of hours that you would like to contribute, as many or as few as you wish. Whatever your skills, we’d be happy to talk to you. Recruitment is ongoing, subject to availability. Apply anytime.
Brockville Public Library volunteer opportunities
Brockville Public Library welcomes individuals who want to give freely of their valuable time and talents to the community by assisting with the provision of public library services. Volunteers are recognized as contributors to the achievement of the strategic objectives of the Library.
Volunteer opportunities including assisting library staff with tasks which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Programming assistants
- Home delivery outreach
- Special event support
- Friends of the Library
Task assignments are based on the interests and qualifications of the volunteers as ascertained from the application and screening process. Training for task assignments is provided.
The schedules are arranged in consideration of task requirements and personal availability.