2023 Retail Business Establishment Holiday
Pursuant to: Retail Business Holiday Act, R.S.O., 1990 and City of Brockville By-law 124-1992 as amended.
Please refer to Section 3 of the Retail Business Holidays Act regarding exemptions for particular retail business establishments.
- New Year's Day, Saturday January 1: Closed
- Family Day, Monday February 21: No restrictions
- Good Friday, Friday April 15: Closed
- Easter Sunday, Sunday April 17: Closed
- Victoria Day, Monday May 23: No restrictions
- Canada Day, Friday July 1: No Restrictions
- Labour Day, Monday September 5: No restrictions
- Thanksgiving Day, Monday October 10: Closed
- Christmas Day, Sunday December 25: Closed
There are no restrictions on Easter Monday, August Civic Holiday, or Boxing Day.
The Retail Business Holidays Act provides for fines of up to $50,000 or the total amount of gross sales for the holiday, whichever is greater.
Enforcement of the Retail Business Holiday Act in Brockville is the responsibility of the Brockville Police Department.
Sandra MacDonald, City Manager
1 King Street West, P.O. Box 5000, Brockville, ON K6V 7A5
Phone: 613-342-8772 ext 4461